21 September 2009

I'm SO excited!

I just received my first book to be read as a Thomas Nelson Publisher Book Review Blogger! I ordered a copy of "Kabul 24" by Henry Arnold. As it says on the cover, it is, "The story of a Taliban kidnapping and unwavering faith in the face of true terror." It tells the story of eight Christians who went to Afghanistan as part of Shelters Now International to help Afghan refugees. They were kidnapped and held captive for 105 days. I can't wait to get into it!

On other fronts, it's my day off so I have plans to make a hotdish, cook up the last of the turnips from my garden and a few zucchinis, do laundry, do a tae bo workout, practice my guitar, fiddle and tinwhiste and read! I already did a lot of grungy work outside uprooting the sunflowers, squash plants, lettuce and anything else I found in the garden. I burned a lot of dog food bags in our outdoor barrel stove. I cleaned the pen and kennel our puppies stay in outside and watered and fed them. I watered the horses. Moved some straw inside so it won't get rained on. Just basically got dirty puttering around and enjoyed being outside.

Bob's heading for Fergus Falls this afternoon to watch Micah's Horse Science class go through their driving class (that's driving horses) and generally have fun visiting with horsey people. I'm staying home because he'll be home very late and I have to get up early tomorrow.

Here's a video of Petra singing "Take Me In", which is the song I'm currently working on with my guitar. Sound quality isn't the best, but it's old...



Here are the lyrics, since they're a little muddy on this video:

Take me past the outer courts, into the Holy Place,
Past the brazen altar, Lord I want to see Your face.
Pass me by the crowds of people,
The priests who sing Your praise.
I hunger and thirst for your righteousness,
And it's only found one place.

Take me in to the Holy of Holies,
Take me in by the blood of the Lamb.
Take me in to the Holy of Holies,
Take the coal, cleanse my lips, here I am.

I'm off. Go with God!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa!
    That IS exciting that you are reviewing books! Fun for all of us, too! Love! Love!

    ReplyDelete