06 November 2009

HOME ALONE!

Bob (my husband, for the uninitiated) is out of town tonight and I'm HOME ALONE. I came home from work at about 8:30 and let Homer, the border collie, into the house ahead of me to check things out. He was glad to oblige. He's kind of scared of the dark and likes to spend the night in the entryway. He gave the all-clear and then I banished him to the porch! I'm not really scared to be home alone. I kind of enjoy being able to mess around on the computer or putz around doing whatever I like, but it is awful quiet!

My current read is "Irresistable Revolution" by Shane Claiborne. (Not related to Liz.) He describes himself as an "ordinary radical" and proceeds to question a lot of the Christian status quo. I don't agree with everything he says, but he does make you stop and think, which is a good thing. He's a youngster, and he hasn't got everything figured out (who does?) but you have to give an ear to someone who spent a whole summer in Calcutta helping Mother Theresa minister to the homeless, the impoverished, the dying and the leprous. He's also very funny! I recommend the book to everyone! (I'm not quite to page 100 yet, so I hope I don't live to regret that recommendation!)

It's cooling off a bit so I'd better begin trying to get the woodstove going. (It takes some work to get it started.) I think I'll turn the TV on, too. It's really getting quiet in here!

Good-night!


HOMER

1 comment:

  1. I found Shane's book VERY intriguing. I liked Jesus for President, too.

    ReplyDelete