07 November 2009

The Irresistible Revolution...

My sons have recently brought to my attention the book "The Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne. I haven't finished it yet, but it's such an inspiration. It's one of those things that opens our spiritual eyes and makes us sit up and say, "Yes! I know something is missing in my Christian life, but I just can't put my finger on it or figure out what to do about it!"

He's part of a community in Philadelphia who are living out the love of God by loving the poor while living among them. This clip gives you some idea and you can find out more by following the link to the community's website, The Simple Way. There you'll find links to lots of others who are doing similar work. I think it's exciting and it cuts across denominational lines: Protestant/Catholic, etc.

I believe Shane has chosen a life of "singleness", but his community consists of married people, some with children. It gives you a lot to think about.

I hope this will be an inspiration to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment