04 August 2013

Harvest!

As you may recall, I made the brilliant decision to buy heirloom tomatoes this year. I have harvested a grand total of ONE tomato. There are a few green ones, but I'm not even going to bother with those. NEXT year, back to the good old genetically messed with versions! Yeah!

There is a cute story that goes along with that lone tomato. I brought it in the house, washed it and proudly set it on the counter to admire. A little later Miss Audrey and Miss Hazel came to visit. Audrey grabbed her little pink stroller, which she uses as a shopping cart, and disappeared around the corner of the kitchen island. We were in the living room and soon noticed that it was mighty quiet. Next we thing knew she came walking back around the corner, the big tomato in her hand and a chomp out of the side of it! I didn't even know she could reach that high!

She announced, "Mmmm, this is DEE-wish-us! This is an apple!"

I said, "No, honey, it's a tomato!"

"Oh," she said, "It's a to-MA-to. It's DEE-wish-us!" Then she crawled up on the couch and proceeded to consume it. We threw a towel over her lap and watched her with much laughter.

(If you readers already saw this on FB...oh, well!)










 
Hazey!


 
The drum demo...
 
and something for Pom Pom!
 
(I hope it wasn't you who posted this on FB?)



I came home early from work today to be with Bob. The pain medicine he's taking is making him very disoriented and I didn't think it was a good idea for him to be alone for too long. I'm taking the next couple of days off and hopefully the doctor and I can find a solution to the problem.

Y'all have a great day!
Shalom!

1 comment:

  1. The cat picture is funny!
    I hope everything is okay with Bob.
    I brought in one very GREEN tomato, but I hope the greenies on the vine turn red soon.
    Thinking of you, friend.

    ReplyDelete