09 March 2009

Coffee, Tea, Books and Me...

I was really blessed by Brenda's comments on a passage in Habakkuk, and this quote from her:

"But we can have the peace, knowing God truly is in charge even when everything around us is upside down. He is Due North and we may be at the point already of having to concentrate on Him each moment of each day to keep us from falling off the edge of our world. That's okay for there is no better place to be... no matter what our circumstances."

Though the fig does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
Though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
Yet, I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my saviour.

The Soverign Lord is my strength;
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to go on the heights.

Habakkuk 3:17-19


God is in control! Thanks for the reminder, Brenda! =0)

1 comment:

  1. Good post! It's something to remember during these troubling times. I'm so glad to have our Lord to hang onto; what do people do without knowing and following Him! Hope things are well with you.

    ReplyDelete