06 August 2009

Oh, my aching legs!

Yeah, overdoing in the kitchen on my day off, as usual!

Today I:

peeled, diced, boiled and mashed 4 large turnips

pureed zucchini and made two loaves of zucchini bread

browned hamburger and made chili

made two loaves of honey whole wheat bread

made chocolate chip cookies

I tried to be a smart cook and wear shoes so my legs and feet wouldn't get so tired, but only stuck to that resolve for part of my kitchen time. I did take frequent breaks to put my feet up and watch Home and Garden TV. Unfortunately, I ate during all those breaks. =0)


I know. They're a little too brown.


Bob's outside working on a new chicken coop. I will go out and help him relocate the chickens when it's all ready. Hey, I'm doing my part in the kitchen, remember?

Now I'm off to practice my guitar for a while. Check my "Practice Time" blog to see if I actually got a round tuit!

Vaya con dios!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I think I need a nap after hearing about your busy day! Wow! We grilled the zucchini tonight - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a day in the kitchen, but my feet don't! Such a good feeling, though, when all that work is done; and I can enjoy the sense of accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it does give you a great sense of accomplishment!

    Yum, I'll have to try grilling the zucchini!

    ReplyDelete