24 December 2009

A Christmas message from my son's blog...

Holidays

It's almost Christmas again. It really doesn't feel like it to me because it's my first Christmas in Texas. It was 70 yesterday and even though it's pretending to snow right now, it's not really going to last on the ground.

This is a very passionate day. It's lost so much in our minds but it's the day we celebrate God invading Earth to rescue his broken children. It's much less tame than we usually think. If we're going to be like Him then we need to know what He meant by coming. Jesus came passionately, chasing after broken hearts. He wasn't willing to stand back and watch how things turned out.

Christmas is a very hard time for a lot of people. A time that's based around family is that much lonelier for someone who is alone, hurt or struggling with depression. This is the time for us to chase passionately after broken hearts, too. Be deliberate about love. Smile, share, offer a kind word. Live freely, love fiercely, and never close your arms.

Josh

2 comments:

  1. Good. Very good. Thank you, Lisa.
    This part especially:
    Be deliberate about love. Smile, share, offer a kind word. Live freely, love fiercely, and never close your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. He's good at making me stop and think about my life. I'm working on this!

    ReplyDelete